Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Snow's Review: Kulti by Mariana Zapata via Goodreads

KultiKulti by Mariana Zapata
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


5 "for the love of the game" stars
5 "why the fuck haven't I read this before" stars
5 "I can't wait for the European football championship 2016 to start" stars...


nah, I'm kiddin' about that last one...OR not *snickers*


People, let me tell you, this book was a discovery...


and I will make my full review in a bit...

Actually, I will just make my statement here that this goes into my "best in 2016" shelf and "favorites" one...

When the story grips you with its tantacles, reaching into the most private and hidden nerves of one's being with the simplicity of the event - cause there isn't actually "a story as in the pouring of the events" its a NOTION its a MANIFEST of LIVING, when you share a dream, when you play the game, when you breathe with full lungs, when you are eager to hold your eyes open out of angst that you'll miss something in a blink, when you can't wait to fullfil your destiny as a whole...as a unity...and you fight to keep in safe, to cherish it and make it whole, complete...

this book actually touched so many subjects in life, that I regard it as a presentation of that one MOMENT in TIME, one time of a journey on a destined road where two souls are connected in a way one can't easily describe or make logical...
“Every single thing that has ever happened in my life has led me here, Sal. Destiny is a ladder, a series of steps that takes you where you’re supposed to go. I am the man that I am, and I have done the things that I’ve done, to get me to you.”

it's a story of two people who happen to come together in ONE moment in time...

where they have the opportunity, a chance to reach their potential professionally, emotionally, mentally, on every possible level a human being can excell for himself/herself...

“when you have love, you find a way to make things work.”

it's a story of love, love that slowly grows and conquors every inner cell, muscle, atom of one's being...
where two adult people are given an opportunity to grow together, supporting each other and making them better individuals...

“You are my equal, my partner, my teammate, my best friend.”

I loved this book...from the moment I started reading I felt that warm, cosy feeling that enveloped me and kept me lulled in the cradle of tranquility of the notion that - yes, beautful stories can be based and taken from the realms of real life and yes, these stories are a reminder that there can be a beautiful, soulful, meaninful and real feeling of completion in acceptance of your own dreams, strength in your detemination to grow, expand and seeing those dreams happen in knowing that...
“A dream is just a wish without a plan.”
...is in fact a phenomenal start to begin with....

Phenomenally written and portrayed characters...that both won me over...
Reiner Kulti - a retired German soccer superstar, that was once a prodigy child of football, and now being a man of brooding, grumpy and arrogant - not so shiny personality. A man with a little words to share and a deep and scary stare who finds a second chance at everything.
“This is what matters. You are my gift, my second chance, and I will cherish you and your dream. I will protect both of you.”
“Soccer has given me everything, but it’s also taken away just as many things.” He gave me a sad determined look. “I don’t want it to take you away as well..."

and even though Kulti is described as having a reddish brown hair and brown-green eyes from the first pages I had the one and only Michael Ballack (who is a real GERMAN football star and retired too) on my mind, cause well, duh?! (Nuf said...just look...)




and I need to stop drooling now...

I can't forget the heroine - who actually guides us through the story - a 27 year old woman who "loves what she does and does what she loves". She's a spirited, sassy and funny young woman that grabs the life by the balls,
“I had this one life, and if I didn’t make the best of it, then what was the point?”

that fights for her dreams,
“You don’t get to live your dreams by waiting around for someone to hand them to you.”

she fights her inner little demons of insecurities, she's full blooded woman that stands for the righteousness, justice and etics, friendship and honesty...
“You are the most honest, good thing I’ve ever had. I won’t deny it to anyone.”
says Reiner!

That is the magnificent Salome "Sal" Casillas for me one of the best written fictional characters that you can actually strive for, look up to and try to live up to.

There's no visual presentation for her cause she could be me, you, anyone...so I'll just imagine her as being free...

The funny, sassy banter between them, the "slow build up of chemistry" in from friends to lovers relationship...it's all entwined in a vivid and palpable transfer of LIFE.

Fan-fuckin-tastic!!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment