Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Review: Easy Virtue by Mia Asher via Goodreads

Easy Virtue (Virtue, #1)Easy Virtue by Mia Asher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5+ Love hurts Stars

Thank you to Ana Medeiros (the author of The Raven Room) for recommending this book to me!

"...Blaire. Who are you? What are you?"
"Complicated."


Blaire White...She is... complicated

description

Blaire is a young woman who doesnt rely on anyone, doesnt trust anyone and doesnt love anyone. She loves one thing: Money. She loves the thing monet can give her. She knows love doesnt last long and one day or other love breaks hearts.

"Many say that love will set you free, but I disagree. Love is a cage, a very painful one; its gilded bars made with yearning, heartache, and unfulfilled dreams. And the moment I realized that love wasn’t necessary to one’s survival I became free.


Why at a young age, Blaire is like this?
Because Blaire was bullied at school, she was always alone. She wasnt a daughter who felt parent love and attention. So she tried to find attention somewhere else...With different way. She realized that if she spread her legs a little, she could have the attention...the money...and everything the money can buy.

"I realized God is deaf. Now ever time I kneel, it isn't to pray.”


But she didnt think she would meet someone like Ronan. Someone so sweet, caring, loving, tender, hot, easy-going and who gives everything he had to make her happy. She didnt think she would be so happy with simple things. But this was trouble. She was in trouble.

"If you’re in trouble, I’m fucked. I was a goner the moment you smiled at me. I don’t think I’ve ever wanted someone as much as I want you.”


And Lawrence...Lawrence was opposite of Ronan. He was everything what Ronan wasnt and nothing what Ronan was. Lawrence was intense, domineering, hard, guarded, more logical than emotional.

“I get the sense that his word is always the last spoken and his wishes the first ones to be fulfilled. He doesn’t ask, he demands. He doesn’t hope, he expects.”


I loved every second of this book. Blaire is a heroin hard to love but I loved her. I could feel her internal battles.

Lawrence vs Ronan?? They were both perfect and I cannot wait to read more of them.
PS: Team Lawrence or Ronan? Why not BOTH?! I choose both!!!



My only complaint about this book is waiting for second book. I really need a release date. I want to read the next book and I'm so curious what will happen to these three people.





No comments:

Post a Comment